Covid-19 Preparedness Plan
In consideration of resuming adult recreational sports leagues and activities after government imposed closure mandates have been lifted, Heyday Athletic is taking the following approach:
As a company, we will do our part to protect our staff members, referees and participants by instituting safety protocols to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and also diligently inform our members of their personal responsibilities which are equally as important.
Guidelines for sports activities have been made available by the CDC, health agencies and state and local government which will be our primary reference points. These guidelines continue to evolve and we will remain vigilant in updating our practices.
In addition to our general liability waiver we have added a Covid-19 specific waiver which registrants for any Heyday activity will be required to accept. After reviewing available guidelines, the intent of this waiver is for participants to understand expectations immediately upon signing up for an activity.
From our office we’ll be in constant communication with our members, reminding them of the terms of their commitment, sending out supplemental information, keeping everyone’s awareness heightened and alerting of any developments on new guidance or exposures.
On-site, any Heyday staff monitoring, administering or officiating activities will be wearing masks (when possible), keeping shared equipment sanitized (when possible) and observing for compliance while reporting any concerns back to the office.
Below are the steps we’re taking to maximize everyone’s safety, while allowing us to return to play. We'll need everyone's support and cooperation to keep us all safe, so make sure you and your teammates are following all of these!
Guidelines for Activities
- Follow all CDC, State and Local guidelines.
- All players, referees and staff must stay home if they have or have had in the past 24 hours any of the following symptoms:
- Temperature above 100.3
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Runny Nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Any other symptoms the CDC has identified as COVID-19 related
- Do not attend if you have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or local public health official within the past 14 days.
- Do not attend if you knowingly had "close contact" with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19. Medical Professionals who are servicing COVID-19 patients are exempt from this portion of the guidelines.
- Sport Specific guidelines can be found here: https://heydayathletic.com/covidsportsafety
We also require the following:
- No non-playing spectators at the game site.
- Do NOT arrive EARLY and leave the facility immediately when your activity is over. Participants will be allowed to enter the facility 2 minutes prior to a scheduled activity start time. Wait in your car or far away from the entry/exit areas until it is your time to enter the venue. Game times may be shortened slightly to accommodate separation of arrival/departure groups if necessary.
- Use the bathroom at home and limit in-facility usage to emergencies only.
- Bring and utilize your own personal face mask or improvised cloth face covering such as a scarf or handkerchief to reduce the risk of exposure to others throughout activity sites except when engaged in vigorous physical activity where such coverings may impose a health risk. Masks should be worn when entering or exiting the venue and in any public areas such as the bathroom. SEE UPDATED “Mask Policy”
- Bring and utilize your own supply of hand sanitizer and apply after touching door handles or other high-touch surfaces.
- Bring your own reusable water bottle with your name on it and bring it home with you. No disposable plastic or glass water bottles are allowed. Do not use drinking fountains or share water bottles.
- Leave all personal items including backpacks and phones at home or in your locked car. Change into your activity gear or sneakers prior to entering the venue. “Leave No Trace” where nothing is left behind at an activity site.
- Maintain six feet of distance from fellow participants and HDY staff members while outside an activity as well as whenever reasonably possible within an activity. No handshakes or hi-fives.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible during your program time. No licking of fingers/hand or spitting into hand/gloves. No sunflower seeds, smokeless tobacco or spitting.
- Whenever possible, disinfect equipment after handling using disinfecting wipes or sanitizer that is either personally or HDY provided. Do not share anyone else’s equipment, water, food or bags.
- Observe and follow any additional directions and precautions provided by the facilities themselves.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds or sanitize hands before and after each program, and after using the restroom, sneezing or coughing.
We will continue to reiterate the importance that individual responsibility has on broader communities of teammates, competitors, facility staff, neighborhood residents and beyond. We’re in this together and we must protect each other!
Get weekly updates on the latest & greatest from Heyday news, to tournaments, and more!